Saturday 26 November 2016

Production Log Week 4

During my time in and outside of lesson, I have been gathering pre production research to help aid the production for my music video. This Pre Production consisted of analyzing Music videos, Magazine adverts and Digipaks. On the other side of this research i carried out primary research including; Vox pops and questionnaires. When analyzing the music videos i had to analyse three music videos and state whether they were conceptual, narrative or performance. I had to choose a range of screen shots and elaborate on the conventions of the song, by denoting and connoting. I had to conclude how it well help me for my own music video and whether I will take similar ideas and bring it into my own inception. I Found this task to be quite difficult and time consuming, as I found it very repetitive when finding screenshots and I found myself talking about the same conventions in some instances.


In reference to the ancillary products; Digipak and Magazine advert, I had to annotate and describe the different conventions and pick out the different images and how they convey a particular message to their audience. I feel that in this task I descriptively stated how the digipak uses synergy and images to captivate the audience and make it a more fascinating relatable product. Yet again in these tasks I had to refer back to my own production work, and whether the style of my digipak would be similar or as effective.

I then had to create my own Digipak and Magazine advert and begin planning it out. My initial idea for both my magazine advert and Digipak is that my artist would be surrounded by a block of council flats and there will be a contrast of his face and the landscape, to create this gritty effect. As the genre for my music video is Grime/UK rap i wanted to show this off as much as possible, showing where
the artist came from. My inspiration came from this Digipak:




No comments:

Post a Comment