Thursday 20 October 2016

Vox Pop videos and analysis



Feedback from Vox Pop

What did you aim to find out with your research?

From my research I aimed to find out ways in which i could improve my initial idea and make it a more unique and relatable idea to my audience. Also to gain feedback on where my music video idea prospers and also the downsides to my idea and how i can be possibly constrained.

How did you undertake it - methods - kinds of questions activities

For my research i used a Vox Pop and a questionnaire. The types of questions i asked where mainly in relation to my idea for my music video, however i did ask some general questions, for example a direct question i had was; is there any specific things you would like me to include in my video? which is direct feedback to innovate my idea. An example of an indirect question is; What do grime artists typically look like? which is the audiences general understanding of the conventions in this genre, which also would help me to think what my artist will wear in my music video.

What does this result suggest?

From my Vox Pop, what was outstanding for me was that most people said that my idea was creative and unique and that not many UK Grime artists conform to this style of narrative or music video. Nearly everybody said that they liked the idea of addressing sensitive issues and emotional hardships, as it shows the artists journey and also makes it relatable for the audience. However some people did say that they would like a sense of equilibrium and happiness to be included in the video, I may possibly include this but only at certain points of the music video where it is suitable. In terms of costume and mise en scene, everyone had a basic understanding of what these artists typically wear, for example; tracksuits, hoodies, trainers and etc. me myself already having an understanding of this kinds of artists, helped me gain an insight as to whether people of the target audience would have an acknowledgement.  

Are any of your results surprising or conflicting? Why could this be?

I do not believe my results are either surprising or conflicting, simply because the majority of the people surveyed and interview, accepted and enjoyed my idea for my music video and where extremely fond with it. I believe these results simply gave me a clarification on the direction that my idea was going and whether my audience theory is correct and etc.

Is there any reason that this answer could be bias/inaccurate?

There is a possibility of bias existing in my research, as the range of people questioned where typically what i would expect my audience to be like, however there were a few outliers who stated they do not listen to that genre of music, however they still had a form of understanding. 

How does this affect what I will do with my music video?

This well help me finalize how i am going to carry out my idea in terms of aspects i want my audience to be exposed to, such as costume, narrative and themes. I believe i gained a decent variation of results to be able to conclude how i will change my idea, for example I will include a sense of equilibrium in the music video at different stages, this will be distinctive as the scenes will be very emotional and recognizable.

No comments:

Post a Comment